Optibac Probiotics, For Babies & Children Sachets
Optibac 'For babies & children' is a high quality children's live cultures and fibre supplement, containing three well-researched friendly bacteria strains, Bifidobacterium infantis Rosell-33, Lactobacillus acidophilus Rosell-52, and Bifidobacterium bifidum Rosell-71, along with natural FOS fibres.
Who is it for?
Natural friendly bacteria supplement created especially for babies, toddlers, and children up to 12 years old.
- Contains three high quality, well-researched live culture strains, all proven to reach the gut alive.
- Each sachet provides 3 billion live cultures (guaranteed until end of expiry) with 0.75g of Fructo-oligosaccharide (FOS) fibres.
- The finished product and individual strains have been clinically trialled in hundreds of infants and children.
- Easy to take sachet - simply mix with cool, non-acidic food or drinks.
- No refrigeration necessary – the live cultures are enclosed in a 3-layer laminated sachet for maximum protection.
- Vegetarian and gluten-free (suitable for those with coeliac disease).
- Free from sugar, artificial colourings and flavourings.
- Natural source of fibre.
- Award-winning supplement with excellent reviews from parents.
- From the UK’s most trusted & recommended brand of friendly bacteria supplements+.
- Winner of the National Parenting Product Award 2019.
Available to buy in three pack sizes of 10, 30 or 90 sachets.
Directions & Dosage :
Food supplement suitable for infants (from birth) and children up to 12 years old.
Simply mix with your child's favourite foods or drinks - sprinkle the powder over cereal, mix in with yoghurt or dissolve in a glass of water or cold milk.
Can be taken with formula milk - simply add to the bottle once it has cooled down to room temperature (as heat reduces the viability of natural bacteria).
For breastfed babies, powder can be applied to nipple or clean finger for baby to suckle.
Adults & children should ideally drink plenty of water during a course of live cultures.
Best taken with a meal, preferably with breakfast.
Recommended amount: Infants from birth to 3 years: 1 sachet per day
Optibac 'For babies & children' does not require refrigeration and sachets can be used on the go. Store in a cool, dry place below 25°C and out of direct sunlight.
Live cultures are not recommended for those with serious medical conditions e.g. those who are severely immunosuppressed, have pancreatitis, are in the ICU, have melaena, have a central venous catheter, infants with short bowel syndrome, or patients with open wounds following major surgery; unless under a doctor's care.
Food supplements should not be used as a substitute for a healthy diet and lifestyle. Those with serious medical conditions should consult their doctor before use. OptiBac will not cause dependency, and may be used on an ongoing basis.
Kids 4 - 12 years: 1 to 2 sachets per day as desired
Pregnant and breastfeeding mothers: 1 sachet per day
Ingredients & Nutrition Facts :
Stabiliser: potato starch
Live cultures: Lactobacillus acidophilus Rosell-52, Bifidobacterium infantis Rosell-33 and Bifidobacterium bifidum Rosell-71
Each sachet guarantees 3 billion live cultures and 0.75g FOS fibres.
Suitable for vegetarian diets.
Please note this product may contain tiny traces of dairy and/or soy* and is therefore not recommended for those with a strict allergy to dairy. However, those with lactose intolerance should be able to take this supplement with no issues.
* dairy/soy are present in the culture medium only then removed, however tiny residual traces may remain